CALL FOR PAPERS
CINECRI '20 / V. International Film Studies and Cinematic Arts Conference will be held at Nippon Meeting Halls in Istanbul. The conference is coordinated by DAKAM (Eastern Mediterranean Academic Research Center) and will be organized by BILSAS (Science, Art, Sport Productions). Since 2014, more than hundred presentations by scholars from different places of the world has been hosted by DAKAM's CINECRI Conferences and two proceedings books have been published.
All abstracts are going to be selected according to double blind reviews and accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings E-Book with an ISBN numberthat will be sent to after the conference.
Selected papers will be published in DAKAM's International Journal of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies. (http://www.dakam.org/ijssis)
We invite you to join us at the event in Istanbul and would like to emphasize that proposals from different parts of the world are welcomed.
For the publication opportunities, registration conditions and presentation instructions, please visit the REGISTRATION INFO page. For accommodation opportunities and city tours, please read the ACCOMMODATION & TOURS page.
V. INTERNATIONAL FILM STUDIES AND CINEMATIC ARTS CONFERENCE
In response to restrictions posed by the Coronavirus pandemic, we change our conferences in 2020 into online events. VIRTUAL Presentation (Live Connection|Pre-recorded video | Short films | Powerpoint Presentation | Written Papers) is now the only presentation category while the new fees are set as 30 Euros for presentation, 20 Euros for Students.
The keynote speaker will be announced soon.
CINEMA AND VIOLENCE
- Films that display political violence
- Civil war
- Coup d’etat
- Revolutionary violence
- Identities that are extensively exposed to violence, hate crimes
- Ethnic minorities
- Religious minorities
- LGBT identities
- Genres that do not/cannot escape violence
- Horror films
- War films
- Gangster films
- Science fictions, dystopias
- Directors that praise/aestheticize violence
- Everyday violence and cinema
- Supernatural heroes in Hollywood blockbusters
- Documentaries that focus on violence
CINEMA and IDENTITY
- Nation, nation-state and diverse ethnicities
- Migration, transnational and/or accented cinema
- Religion and religious groups
- Gender, women, LGBT identities
- Family, familial bonds
- Class and struggle
- Isolated or neglected identities
- Identity, culture and politics
- Local and global Identity
- Film, Public Memory and Daily Life
CINEMA and CITY
- Architecture and Film
- Urban Life
- Cinematic Space
- Cinematic Architecture
- Distopia Films
- Future of Cities in Films
CINEMA and POLITICS
- Analysis of Film: Art House Film, Hollywood, Documentary & Non-Fiction Film, Short Film, Animated Feature Films, Silent Film, Film Auteur, Interactive Media & Games
- National Cinemas
- Film as a Political Tool Throughout the History
- Design and Artistic Production from a Critical Point of View
- History of Film from a Political perspective
- Post-colonialist Theories
NATIONAL CINEMAS, HOLLYWOOD and ART-HOUSE CINEMA
- Film and nationalism
- Hollywood’s presence as a national unit
- Nation state and cinema
- Cultural transfers
- Auteur theory
- Film Genres
- Independent Films
- Underground Films
NIPPON Meeting Halls in Istanbul
Nippon Hotel, Taksim
Topçu Caddesi No:6, Taksim, Beyoğlu, Turkey
Nippon Meeting Halls are located in the heart of Taksim, the cultural center of Istanbul and it is easily accessible by metro, taxi or bus.
You can easily reach Nippon Conference Halls by walking from Taksim Square.
Taksim can be regarded one of the most central places in Istanbul.
From the airport you can directly reach Taksim by taking the white HAVATAŞ Buses. Taksim
is also easly accessible by many bus lines, yellow minibus lines or two different metro lines.
Here are some useful links for public transportation in Istanbul.
Click here for the Istanbul metro network map.
Click here for the transportation fares and cards.
Click here for general information on public transportation in Istanbul.
9:30 Opening Session
9:45 Keynote Lecture 1
10:15 Coffee Break
10:30 Keynote Lecture 2
11:00 Coffee Break
11:15 Session 1 & 2 & 3
13:30 Session 4 & 5 & 6
14:45 Coffee Break
15:00 Session 7 & 8 & 9
16:15 Coffee Break
16:30 Session 10 & 11 & 12
16:15 Coffee Break
17:45 Closing Remarks
Historical City Tour & Social Events